Eye Muscle Surgery
|By Pediatric Eye Associates, Inc.|
1. Rest today and take it easy.
2. Eat lightly today, nausea or vomiting may occur if you eat too soon. You may resume your regular diet and activities tomorrow.
3. You may take Tylenol or Motrin for any discomfort. Cold compresses or ice packs often make the eyes feel more comfortable.
4. If you have been given ointment or drops, apply three times daily.
5. Expect drainage from the eye–pink tears or mild bleeding are normal for the next day or two. THe eyes may be very red for the first few days but genrally clear up after a week or two.
6. It sometimes takes two or three weeks or longer for the eyes to be straight following eye muscle surgery. Double vision is normal while the eyes are healing.
7. Baths or showers are okay, no swimming or seven to ten days.
8. Please call 954-885-6575 for a follow-up appointment with Dr. Lal in one week.
9. Call 954-885-6575 for any questions or problems.