|Tear Duct Probing
By Pediatric Eye Associates, Inc.
1. Rest following the surgery
2. Eat lightly today, nausea or vomiting may occur if you eat too soon. You may resume your regular diet and activities tomorrow.
3. You may use Tylenol or Motrin for any discomfort
4. If you have been given eyedrops, apply one drop three times a day as necessary to control discharge from the eye(s).
5. Mild bleeding from the nose or eye is common after tear duct surgery, but serious bleeding is extremely rare. If you have concerns, call your physician.
6. Tearing adn discharge is usually improved within a few days after tear duct probing. If nasal congestion from a cold, allergies, or teething is present tearing may last until the nasal congestion clears.
7. Baths or showers are okay. There are no activity restrictions.
8. Please call 954-885-6575 for a follow-up appointment within two to three weeks.
9. Call 954-885-6575 for any questions or problems.